Create a New Community Group
The Deepblu Community section is home to a wide variety of discussion groups, organized around various topics related to diving, marine life, conservation and the ocean. This is a great way to participate in conversations with people with shared interests in the topics that you care about. You can create your own groups or join existing ones. Share your opinions and knowledge and learn from the experiences of others.
After you click on the Community tab, you will see two additional tabs: Your Groups and All Groups.
By clicking on Your Groups, you will be shown a list of all of the groups you are currently a member of. By clicking on All Groups, you will be able to browse all of the Groups currently active on Deepblu. You may use the search bar at the top to search for a community that matches your interests.
Create a New Group
When you create a group, you become the admin of that group. As the group admin, you can moderate discussions and posts within your group. Admins have the ability to delete posts and remove users from a group.
To create a new group:
- Click on the Community tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Create New Group button.
- Set the cover photo and main picture for the group. To change the default images, click on the default images or on the pencil icon, and upload files from your computer.
- Set a name for your group.
- Write a description of the group to explain to potential members what the group is about.
- Invite people to join your group as members. You can only invite people who you are already buddies with.
- Set up topics for your group. Topics are sub-categories that can be used to organize posts by subject.
- Press Start Group.
Note: The main picture should be square-shaped and the subject of the image should be centered. The recommended size for the main picture is 640 pixels by 640 pixels.
Note: The recommended size for cover photos is 1400 pixels by 200 pixels.
Tip: We suggest that you create your groups using the Deepblu app, if possible, because you can adjust and crop your photos. This function is not currently available on the web but is coming soon.