Promoting Your Organization or Business on Deepblu
Deepblu is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing online communities for divers and ocean enthusiasts. Deepblu lets you easily create a organization or business profile to liaise with this vibrant community.
Where is my profile?
- Note: The Deepblu Organization Profile is currently only available to a number of selected organizations. The functionality will be available to other organizations after a short pilot period.
- Visit Deepblu in your browser. Note that this functionality is not yet available in the mobile application
- Log in with the Deepblu account associated to the profile owner.
- Click the downward arrow next to your user name in the top right-hand corner
- Select your organization name to reach your Organization Profile.
What’s on my profile?
Visitors to your profile will be able to see the following information about your organization:
- General information
- News and updates
- Specific details about your business
- A photo gallery
- Services and programs
Click the Settings button below the organization profile photo to edit general information.
Click the profile logo and cover photo to change them. We recommend uploading a logo of at least 640 x 640 pixels and a cover photo of at least 1080 x 720 pixels.
On the right-hand side, click on the pencil icons to edit each piece of information about your organization:
- Organization name
- Accepted payment methods
Let your followers on Deepblu know what’s happening in your organization. Announce special events, post highlights from your activities, or provide any other content that your followers are interested in.
Anything you write here, will also automatically appear on Deepblu Live, giving you the chance to be picked up by people who do not yet follow you. For this same reason, we do not allow news posts that directly solicit sales.
You can attach photos, video and hashtags just like with any other Deepblu post.
The About tab provides further information about your organization. Click the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of each section and select edit to edit the content of these sections.
- Highlights: add a few bullet points that highlight key facts about your organization.
- Introduction: here you can introduce your organization further. You can also upload up to 4 pictures with a recommended minimum width of 640 pixels.
- Location: this is set in the general information above.
You can create an unlimited number of photo albums to showcase your organization and its activities.
Click Create Album to create a new album. Each album requires a title, a description and at least 1 picture. Click Add Photos to add more photos. You can select multiple photos to upload at once.
If you want to edit or delete an album, open the album first and then find the three dots in the upper right-hand corner. Select edit or delete.
Note: The Uploads album is always there and contains the media you have uploaded through any of your news posts.
Services and Programs
You can upload any courses, services, products, and activities you offer. Each item must have a title, a description and a picture. The minimum recommended size is 800×400 pixels.
If you want to edit or delete a service or program, find the three dots in the upper right-hand corner and select edit or delete.
Other Deepblu users who view your profile will be able to see your organization members on the Team tab. Please ensure your team members have completed user profiles; this will look better on your organization.
Adding or removing team members to your organization profile can be done from the User Roles setting.
Each organization profile can have multiple user accounts associated with them. These user accounts will show up on the Team tab of the profile.
Adding team members
In order to associate Deepblu accounts with your profile, you must first be buddies with them on Deepblu and then invite them to your profile:
- Find your team members and send them a buddy request.
- Wait for them to accept. In your organization profile, click Settings, then click User Roles, then click Invite on the right-hand column.
- The system will show you all your buddies that are not yet team members.
- Click the plus icon next to any user to invite them as team members to your organization.
Removing team members
Under Profile Roles you can click Deactivate User next to each user name in order to remove this user from the organization team. Their profile photo will no longer be displayed on the team page and they will lose all previous rights to administrate the profile (if any).
Each user account has restrictions to what they can do with the organization profile. Under Profile Roles, you can promote and demote each team member.
- Regular staff are team members or employees. They merely have their profiles displayed on the Team tab. Any freshly invited team member will be ‘regular staff’ until promoted.
- Admins can edit your organization profile, post news and also invite other team members. These are often content managers within your organization. Only users that have been added as regular staff can be promoted to admin status.
- Owners have access to all functionality and can appoint and demote admins. This is usually the organization owner.
Who can see my profile?
Every Deepblu user can see your profile as long as it has been published. If you want to temporarily hide your profile on Deepblu, you can throw thePublish switch directly under the profile photo in Settings.
How do I use my profile to promote my organization?
Deepblu is not so different from the real world, where helpful and interesting people receive the most attention and love. One of your goals should be to attract as many followers as possible. When people follow you, your messages will appear on their Following Tab. Away from the clutter of the Live tab, your messages have a much higher chance of being seen.
Here are a few concrete tips to gather following:
- Spend time on your profile. Users are more likely to associate with Organizations that have a complete and attractive profile.
- Create interesting content. Post status updates, video, photos and dive logs. The most interesting content may even be featured by Deepblu and receive extra attention.
- Share content. Find or create interesting articles and resources around the web and share them to your page.
- Identify your target audience and cater to them. When users find your information relevant to their needs, they will follow you.
- Interact with your followers and answer their questions.
Here’s what not to do:
- Do not spam (repeatedly sending out similar messages to get attention). Spamming is likely to put your followers off, maybe for good.
- Do not cold sell. No one likes an aggressive salesperson. Seduce your followers rather than slapping them around with a large trout.